Senior Building Surveyor / Building Consultant – Private Property Maintenance Co in Penrith.
National Facilities Maintenance Co, with 80 plus staff and specialising in Residential Rejuvenation / Capital Upgrades etc. require the above.
- Head up a new division within a thriving Residential Maintenance Business.
- Fantastic Opportunity – Report directly to the National Operations Manager
- Call Vince Melican, in strict Confidence, on 0416 296 377.
Based in modern offices at the foot of the Lower Blue Mountains in far Western Sydney this progressive Construction Management Company have become a very successful player in the Asset Management / Building Maintenance / Building refurbishment industries.
Their clients include Housing associations such as defence housing, LAHC, affordable housing groups, Insurance and disaster management groups such as Sedgwicks / Sergon etc.
The business, now employs over 80 plus team members across all states of Australia plus New Zealand
They undertake a range of residential capital upgrade projects plus building repair services across Australian and New Zealand. From time to time this may include some new build projects. Projects range in values range from $5k to $20m each.
A recent review of business performance has identified an opportunity for an experienced Building Code consultant / Senior Building Surveyor to join the team.
The purpose of this role is that, you, in partnership with our client will be able to add value and offer a “One Stop Shop” solution to its customers who range from banks / Investors / Insurance companies- similar to offerings / solutions being offered by Design and Construct Builders / Construction / Project Management companies etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least five years plus experience in a quality building consulting certifier environment, or similar, where you have a proven track record in being able to identify, document and make written recommendations for the rectification of defective work – to ensure that the completed project has achieved the best outcome and is BCA compliant.
- Experience with business development, management marketing and overall running of a building consulting division.
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team by successfully participating in marketing and customer service management activities
- Experience with Supervision of design to ensure consent process is effectively handled.
- Ability to project manage jobs allocated by management.
- Experience in reporting to client / adjuster in a timely manner and complying with the company processes.
- Experienced in preparing BCA compliant reports, performance solutions and undertaking site inspections and issuance of the necessary reporting;
- A thorough understanding of the Building Code Australia, associated planning controls and Legislative Framework
- Unrestricted work rights in Australia.
- Ability to deliver required levels of customer service, including full compliance with customer service and quality standards of performance.
- Current NSW Drivers License.
- A passion for Preventative/ Programmed Maintenance services.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients/adjusters and brokers to ensure ongoing sources of work for self and others within the team.
- Degree or equivalent in a building related discipline.
- Although not essential – accreditation within a relevant professional body would be highly regarded.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive pre-employment medical. This will include police checks / working with children checks etc.
- Membership of the https://aibs.com.au/ would be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join an expanding team of highly regarded Construction Management Professionals.
- A very attractive salary package with regular performance reviews.
- Opportunity to build a business within a business.
- Freedom to work independently on large scale, complex projects;
- Opportunity to leverage from a substantial existing client base.
- Longevity – Most of the senior management team have been with the company for over ten years.
Interested and would like to know more?
A Please forward resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job No 6730 and Call Vince Melican, in strict confidence, on 0416 296 377 or
As always we will never divulge your details to any client without your consent.
Suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.